Desirée would love to show you how to:
- Introduce routines & expectations at the beginning of the year
- Create a rich, fun, engaging physical space in your home for learning
- To take your lessons plans and transform them into an engaging lesson that will have your child excited to learn more
- Demonstrate how to teach a skill or strategy to your child
- Determine what your child already knows and what they still need to practice
- Use visuals and hands on activities to enhance your lessons
- How to get them to pay attention, stay engaged, and stay focused
- How to bring the learning outdoors
And so much more!
In our Co-Teaching Sessions Desirée can focus on:
- Taking notes on your child's fluency, decoding, and comprehension skills
- Read over their writing to see what skills need to be taught next
- Demonstrate writing strategies that will make them a stronger narrative, information, or opinion writer
- Listen to them read out loud
- Do an Interactive Read Aloud while demonstrating reading strategies
- Ask open-ended questions that will get them to think more deeply about the text they are reading
- What type of positive or negative behaviors they are demonstrating that might be enhancing or hindering their learning
- What might be causing them to lose their focus or become distracted
And so much more!
The McGee-Greene Family has a combined 61 years of experience in the field of education and are united in their belief that ALL students have the power to learn, are curious and creative, and can succeed and be strategic life-long learners. Their speciality is in pinpointing children's strengths and the exact holes in a child's learning foundation that is keeping them from learning, while providing high quality teaching that motivates and encourages children to be the best learner they can be; not only in school, but in LIFE.