According to Brook, one of our 9th grade students: "We not only help her grow as a student but also as a person."
I have been with Desirée for about 4 to 5 years now. I originally came to her for math help in fifth grade. Before Desirée, I had a hard time with math, and continuously struggled to understand in the classroom. Now a freshman in high school, I am doing pretty well in math. I like knowing that I can go to Desirée when the content explained in school is confusing to me. I don’t go to her for just math, we work on any subject I may need help with. I have worked on things like Spanish, English, and World History. I love having designated time in each week where I know I can ask any questions about assignments and get a explanation that I will understand. Desirée is a great teacher and mentor who truly cares about your success in school, and your education in the future. She is someone who wants to help you succeed and guide you through the process. Desirée has helped me grow not only as a student but also as a person. She is a amazing person and mentor, and I am very happy that I was able to find her.
Possible Reading Skills Taught
- Use a Range of Strategies to Read and Understand Words
- How to Check Their Own Accuracy When Reading Words and Work to Self-Correct Errors
- How to Search for and Use Information As They Read
- Maintaining a Good Rate with Phrasing, Pausing, Intonation, and Appropriate Stress
- How to Adjust the Way They Read to Solve Problems or Fit Purpose and Genre
- To Make Predictions As They Read
- To Make Connections to Personal and World Knowledge As Well As Other Texts
- To Synthesize by Adjusting Present Understanding to Accommodate New Knowledge
- To Infer by Thinking About What The Writer Means But Has Not Stated
- To Analyze or Notice Aspects of the Writer's Craft and Text Structure
- To Think Critically About the Text
- Vocabulary skills
- Speaking and Listening skills
- And So Much More!
Possible Writing Skills Taught
- How to Use the Entire Writing Process
- How to Generate Ideas for Writing
- How to Rehearse Their Writing
- The Effective Use of Spelling & Punctuation
- How to Write Strong Introductions
- How to Use Transitions in Their Writing
- How to Write Strong Conclusion
- How to Strategically Organize Their Writing & Use Paragraphs Correctly
- How to Elaborate and Develop Their Writing
- How to Choose The Right Words & Use the Right Tone in Their Writing
- And So Much More!
Possible Elementary/Secondary Math Skills or Subjects Taught
- Number Formation
- Algebra 1 & 2
Here’s how you can grow your child’s reading comprehension before they even read the first chapter in a book.
Even though this is a training I did for teachers; your child can use these same 2 strategies to write even MORE CONVINCING introductions to their opinion writing.
According to Brenda, one of our 9th grade parents: "Even though her daughter is not behind in school; we still send her to TASK because she loves the positive connection PLUS her confidence and work at school has been amazing."
My Daughter has been working with Desiree for 3+ years! Before Task she was having a hard time staying focused with her work. We started with Math but soon after she was able to bring anything (reading, writing, Spanish, social studies, science) to the table she was having a hard time with! The team at Task is absolutely amazing and they are such a huge part of my family's lives! Sometimes my daughter doesn't need tutor time for school but she loves the connection so much we keep it going. Since she has been going to TASK her confidence and her work at school has been amazing. I am so happy we found this place for our daughter. I would recommend this program to anyone. Best experience ever!❤
TASK Learning Hub ONLY
Lock in this rate now and your price will never go up unless you cancel and join again later.
TASK Learning Hub & 1-1 Tutoring Package
When you choose any of our elementary or middle school 1-1 tutoring programs; you receive an additional $20 off each month on the TASK Learning Hub.